From NBC's Domenico Montanaro:
“It looks like "Chicken-gate" may have come too early for Democrats.
The Club for Growth endorsed former state Rep. Sharron Angle (http://www.sharronangle.com/, insertion mine) in the GOP Senate primary in Nevada.
The frontrunner has been former state Republican party chairwoman Sue Lowden. But her comments about bartering chickens as a form of health care have made Republicans think twice about her potential strength against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D), one of the most endangered incumbents left this cycle.
Lowden's lead has dropped in polling. A May 10-11 Mason-Dixon poll showed Lowden leading Angle and Danny Tarkanian 30%-25%-22%. But that is a big drop from a month earlier when the same poll showed Lowden leading Tarkanian and Angle, 45%-27%-5%.
“Sharron Angle is everything a pro-growth, limited-government, economic conservative can be, and everything Washington and the country need right now,” Club for Growth President Chris Chocola said in a statement. “She was the undisputed fiscal conservative leader in the Nevada State Assembly, and she has the courage and skill to step into the same role in the U.S. Senate (emphasis mine). Sharron Angle is the true economic conservative in the Nevada Senate race, a candid, common-sense leader with the courage to stand up against liberal big spenders in both parties. Sharron is Harry Reid’s worst nightmare, and Nevada’s best hope. Her courageous, honest style and principled leadership will do more good in six years in the Senate than Reid’s corrupt backroom deals and trillion-dollar boondoggles could in a lifetime (emphasis mine).”
Right on, right on, Club for Growth! You’ve got the right Angle!
Hey, Fox and Friends, do you still think she should drop out? How do you like her now?
Go to http://www.sharronangle.com/ and make your own endorsement!
- Sharron Angle picks up momentum against Sue Lowden...
- Sue Lowden's campaign in "Full Damage Control Mode...
- RedState’s Erick Erickson endorses Sharron Angle: ...
- Harry Reid wants to run against Sharron Angle
- Sue Lowden receives endorsement from the gay commu...
- Fact check: Sharron Angle voted for pay increases,...
- Concerned Women for America Endorses Sharron Angle...
- Club for Growth Endorses Sharron Angle
- Sharron Angle vs. Scientology
- Sharron Angle: A conservative Christian, Not a Sci...
- Sharron Angle endorsed by Las Vegas Tribune, a tru...
- Another Tea Party Group Endorses Sharron Angle: We...
- BREAKING NEWS: Change the Congress in 2010 Federal...
- Minuteman PAC endorses Sharron Angle, Straw Poll S...
- ▼ May (14)
- I am a citizen journalist, wife to Bill, and Mommy to Charlotte and Cheyenne. I work at a chemical company writing Material Safety Data Sheets and own a small business on the side. I started this blog to "sound the alarm" on what is happening in this country with respect to the assault on our freedoms, and because I was called to do it: Ezekiel 33:1-5: "The word of the LORD came to me: 'Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head. Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'"