Republican Senate candidate Sue Lowden on Tuesday defended her claim that a "chickens for checkups" barter system would be an effective alternative to the recently-passed health care reform bill.
…Lowden's campaign sent a letter to the Las Vegas Review-Journal Wednesday defending her stance and providing a testimonial of "Robin L. Titus, M.D." who claims that he has "bartered with patients -- for alfalfa hay, a bath tub, yard work and horse shoeing in exchange for my care." Her campaign has also been circulating an extensive background document explaining the perks of bargaining with your health care provider.
In a market driven system, bargaining with your healthcare provider should not be necessary, and would not become necessary if Obamacare had not been passed. Sharron Angle (http://www.sharronangle.com/) has committed to repealing it. Lowden has not, and has avoided committing to repeal. When she was asked "Do you openly endorse a full repeal of Obamacare?" at the April 23rd GOP debate (televised in Nevada on KRNV), she said “realistically we cannot repeal unless we have a president who is willing to sign the repeal”. Where's the fight in you, Lowden? We can if we have a 2/3 majority...
- Not Chicken for Checkups. Repeal for Obamacare.
- Sharron Angle Endorsed by “Nevada Concerned Citize...
- Nationally Syndicated Talk Show Host Mark Levin En...
- Tea Party Express Endorses Sharron Angle to replac...
- Gun Owners of America Endorses Sharron Angle; NRA ...
- Sharron Angle at Tea Party in Searchlight, NV
- ▼ April (6)
- I am a citizen journalist, wife to Bill, and Mommy to Charlotte and Cheyenne. I work at a chemical company writing Material Safety Data Sheets and own a small business on the side. I started this blog to "sound the alarm" on what is happening in this country with respect to the assault on our freedoms, and because I was called to do it: Ezekiel 33:1-5: "The word of the LORD came to me: 'Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head. Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'"